Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

I love the beginning of a new year. It feels just like the start of a new grade back in elementary school-- filled with fresh pencils, blank pages, and limitless possibilities. The materials are rather different now, but the new year is still one of possibility. I love to wonder what will happen in the next twelve months, and to think about what has changed since January 1, 2010. Last year, I had only published two small patterns, and had not yet imagined I could not only develop more, but could earn some income through the designs. A year ago, I had not yet joined Twitter, and now I have so many new, wonderful friends whom I would never have met without those 140 characters.

I like to imagine the new friends I will make, people whose names I don't yet know and who have never yet heard mine. I like to wonder what wonderful new opportunities will develop. I like to believe that the coming year will be one of health, creativity, and energy, and resolve to do what I can to make it happen.

After all, who knows what the next year will bring?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment